Quantity Surveyor Intermediate Level
Quantity Surveyor required for an immediate start at our Head Office in Dublin 24. This permanent position will involve financial management of projects including procurement and administration of subcontracts.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Employment Status: Permanent
· Examination of tender / contract documentation.
· Procurement of works packages for projects.
· Compiling, comparing and negotiating contract price with sub-contractors.
· Monitoring cash flow and preparing cost reports for senior management.
· Preparation and agreement of valuations.
· Preparation of interim applications for payment, submitting variations and requesting change orders.
· Checking sub-contractor invoices and certifying payments.
· Attending site meetings and co-ordination with the project design team.
· Carry out re-measures.
· Preparing and negotiating final accounts.
Skills and Experience Required:
· Relevant third level qualification.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate experience with a Main Contractor.
· High attention to detail.
· Measurement and take-off proficiency.
· Proven record in appointing and managing subcontractor contracts.
· Experience working with GCCC contracts advantageous.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Experience using Buildsoft would be advantageous.
· Based in the head office you will report to the Director and Surveying Manager.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to email@example.com
With over 25 years operating in the Irish market, Townlink are recognised and respected as one of Ireland’s premier construction companies. We fully understand the desire of our customers to focus on their core business and to be able to rely on specialist service providers to support their business operations. To service the needs of our customers Townlink have established a fully diversified organisation with three separate divisions providing construction, energy and integrated facilities management services.
Townlink Construction Ltd. completes projects of various sizes from small refurbishment and maintenance projects to large-scale apartment and hotel developments. All members of staff have experience in a variety of areas of construction from green field developments to fit-outs and refurbishments. The company has a great reputation for staff retention with many members of staff joining the company at graduation and staying with the company and progressing through the management structure. This staff retention is due to the positive culture within the company and the training and professional development of all of its staff.
Townlink Construction has achieved many professional accreditations, awards and certifications that recognise our commitment to Quality, Health & Safety, and the Environment.
The company is very proud of its achievements and has won numerous awards for Construction projects. These awards include the most recent DCC plc. Leopardstown refurbishment project nominated for the Retrofitting project of the year award at the Irish Building & Design Awards 2015, the Civic Trust Award 2013 for McKee senior citizen complex development which was also one of four projects shortlisted for the Irish Building Awards Building of the Year 2013. Other awards also include the AAI Downes medal for the Timberyard Apartment development in Dublin 8. Killiney House, Cherry Orchard National School and the Centre for Research of Infectious Diseases at UCD have also won awards from the RIAI, Concrete Society and RIBA. Employees of the company have been awarded the Silver and Bronze medals for Building Manager of the Year 2008 for the 5 Lamps Development and Cherry Orchard National School projects.
Further information on the company and projects completed is available on our new website at www.townlink.ie