Manages the engineering function as the senior representative, co-ordinates with the design and project site team and provides engineering leadership for their respective project(s). Sets the strategy for engineering setting out and onsite control, along with the site team and subordinates/supply chain. Is the primary point of reference for engineering QA, record keeping and production ensuring the establishment and maintenance of the Quality procedures and requirements. Also takes responsibility for temporary works control/co-ordination and where required actively manages lifting operations. The right candidate must be able to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
• Proficient with setting out equipment such as robotic and GPS total stations, comfortable in rotating global grids into local grid format; minimum of 5 years’ experience ideally
• Managing engineering document control, managing the drawing register and highlighting changes on the drawings to QS team and site management. RFI register understanding and experience will also be required
• Understands key tolerances and can analyse details across several interfaces to highlight potential problems
• Review and issuing of technical submittals including onsite submittal registers
• Attend weekly meetings with design team
• Works collaboratively with other Townlink and sub-contractor’s engineer’s, always utilising their experience
• Supervises and mentors less experienced engineers working on their project(s), always demonstrating best practice
• Assist the senior project team to ensure production of deliverables as per programme and highlight any potential bottlenecks by providing information to the project planner to allow programmes to be updated
• Able to draft, monitor and update short term programmes, update logistics plan
• Is a key member of the project management team in the delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental objectives
• Competent in the principles of quality control for the work packages. Can review and create inspection & test plans.
• Has a good awareness of the project specifications and in particular the tolerances for vertical and horizontal elements of work.
• Review of method statements (RAMS) and contractor’s works proposals to ensure compliance with the drawings and our H&S requirements
• Review the construction methodology to identify programme implications and any necessary temporary works
B.Eng Civil Engineering