Townlink Construction Ltd. is committed to ensuring the collection, accuracy, storage, security, use, disclosure and destruction of personal information is compliant with current ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I. 336 of 2011) and the EU e Privacy Directive 2002/58/EC. With updates made to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Townlink Construction ensures its employees receive training in the proper handling of personal information. Access to information held by us is limited to authorised people on a strict need-to-know basis relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
What is Personal Information
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined.
What Personal Information do we collect?
The personal information that Townlink Construction collects about you may include your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Physical Survey Information of your property including photographs
- MPRN Number
- Property ID Number
- Electric Ireland Contract Number
- Credit card details
Why and how Townlink Construction collects Personal Information?
Townlink Construction collects personal information in a transparent, consensual way with full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Personal information is essentially collected by our marketing, sales, surveying, project management, installer, customer service and accounts personnel for the primary purpose of administering Townlink Construction Installation Services, including the generation of detailed customer quotations, provision of upgrade installation works, quality validation of those works and the administering of SEAI, Electric Ireland and Revenue Grants and Incentives on behalf of customers.
Personal information is collected from you in the following ways:
- Through our website enquiry forms
- By phone, written and email communication to our customer service and sales staff
- By camera and physical survey when completing an onsite survey of a customer’s property
- By camera and physical inspection by our installers and Project Managers during installation
- By camera and physical inspection by our quality administration during our quality validation process
- By phone, written and email communication to our accounts staff
What are ‘cookies’?
Our website application uses ‘cookies’. ‘Cookies’ are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. ‘Cookies’ enable our system to recognise your browser when browsing our website.
Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive ‘cookies’, you may adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when ‘cookies’ are used. The easiest way to change your settings is by searching for ‘cookies’ in your Help/Contents and Index options on your browser. We recommend that you leave your ‘cookies’ enabled;
Our ‘cookies’ don’t send us back any information about your computer (except your IP address) or any other information on your hard drive.
Personal Information Security
Townlink Construction Ltd. is committed to the protection of your personal information from unauthorised access. We use a range of security mechanisms and procedures to protect the personal information we hold about you.
Townlink Construction makes all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is stored securely both in electronic and physical forms, and complies with ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I. 336 of 2011) and the EU e Privacy Directive 2002/58/EC with updates made to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
website pages from which you may forward to us personal information are encrypted through a password protected portal.
However, you should be aware that there may be risks associated when transferring your personal information to us from other internet facilities or by email. Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed in accordance with legislation.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your name, address and identity;
- Provide you with Townlink Construction quotations and services;
- Validate the quality management of the products and services we provide
- Administer SEAI, Electric Ireland and Revenue Grants and Incentives on behalf of our customer
- Address any query, feedback or complaints you may have; and Contact you for any other reason.
Townlink Construction may disclose your information to:
- Its suppliers, their auditors, and/or their regulators; Your authorised representative (e.g. legal advisers) but only upon receipt of your written authorisation;
- Unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of relevant functions relating to the provision of products and marketing products and services and only for the primary purpose of providing those functions;
- Professional advisers including but not limited to accountants, auditors and legal advisers; and Courts, Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
With distinct consent we will use your personal data to:
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Communicate new products and services to you, for marketing purposes, including, the opportunity to take up special promotions and offers.
You also consent to any such third party storing your personal information. Any such third party will not be permitted to re-sell, use or share the data provided, without clear consent from you the data subject.
Townlink Construction only transfer data to GDPR compliant third parties with full consent from the data subject at the initial stage of data collection. This is included in the Terms & Conditions.
Townlink Construction may disclose your information to third parties requires to carry out the services requested by you:
- SEAI – https://www.seai.ie/
- Electric Ireland – https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/heating-services-repair/energy-efficiency-incentive
- Pipedrive – Pipedrive datacenter is in the EU.
- Sendmode – Sendmode severs both Production and Disaster Recovery are located within the EU.
- Twilio – Twilio datacenter located in the EU.
- Fastfield – Fastfield are certified under the Privacy Shield, which is a framework to support the safe transfer of data between the EU and US. (View their registration here https://www.privacyshield.gov/list )
- Google Drive – Google Drive datacenter located in the EU.
- Dropbox – Dropbox datacenter located in the EU.
Access to Personal Information
All data subjects have the right to be given a copy of information held by Townlink Construction about you. Requests will be processed free of charge where possible. However if deemed necessary, we may charge a small fee which will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. This fee will not exceed 6.35euro.
We will provide the requested information to you within 1 month of the receipt of a valid request in writing. Response will be given in electronic form unless otherwise requested.
All subject access requests can be made via email
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Enquiries & Complaints
Information about the ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I. 336 of 2011) and the EU e Privacy Directive 2002/58/EC legislation and GDPR is available from the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, Ireland.
If you have a complaint regarding Townlink Construction management of your personal information or wish to correct information held by us or require further information, please contact us. Our policy is to respond to your complaint, correction request or query within a reasonable period of time after the complaint is received. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of Data Protection Commissioner by
Lo Call 1890 25 22 31,
Phone 00353 57 868 4800,
Fax 00353 57 868 4757,
By visiting the website www.dataprotection.ie
Townlink Construction reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Any changes made to the Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and such changes will become effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Statement. If we make any material or substantial changes to this Privacy Statement we will use reasonable endeavours to inform you by email,